Wednesday, August 10, 2011

29 South, The Best Restaurant in Fernandina Beach, FL

If you are ever in the Fernandina Beach area, you MUST stop what you are doing and go to 29 South restaurant.  The food is Ah.Mazing.  But it is also the kind of place where you feel like you are getting good Karma by supporting it. They get their food from their own garden out back, or from a selection of local, organic farmers.

Fernandina Beach, is a place that is near and dear to me and my husband's heart.  We just love the town, it is on our very short list of places we want to live, if we can ever escape the death grip Tallahassee holds on us (I love it here, don't get me wrong, but we want to move the beach one day).  We also got married there in 2009, when I was very pregnant with Penelope.

Recently, we stopped by for a night, on our way to Savannah, to get a quick, celebratory, anniversary lunch in.   We went last year for our anniversary as well, hopefully, we can make it a yearly tradition.





This is their backyard garden.  How cute is that sign?  I need one for my garden.  Recognize that dress?  It's from her 1st birthday party.  One of my favorite things about pillow case dresses, is that they turn into perfect tunics as your child grows.

Using cement blocks, as a border, is such an easy way to make a garden.

Here is a picture of us last year, before we went to 29 South for dinner.  This was our 1st wedding anniversary.

And here we are at our rehearsal dinner.  So much fun.  I can't freaking wait till my hair gets that length again. It's been a year since I chopped it off as short as my husbands, never again.


This is the Chef on our Rehearsal Dinner night.  I can't remember who got him to take a picture with us. I was highly embarrassed at the time, but in the end, I am glad we have this shot.

Do you have any great restaurants in your town that have their own garden and support local farmers?



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoy us. Thanks for the wonderful post. Scotty

    ReplyDelete