Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cool Art at My Parents House

 
This is kind of a lazy post today. I have five million things to catch up on and I am feeling oh, so, slightly overwhelmed. Not a lot of time for an in depth tutorial.  BUT, I do have some cool pictures to share.  I just got back from my parents house. I went down for a visit, so I could get some rest.  I have been fighting a type of pneumonia for almost three weeks now and my husband works his tail off at work and thus, is no help to me at home. 

I normally do not like to go to my parents house. It stresses me out.  I have talked about it cryptically here before, but my mother was not the best mother, she is mentally unstable to say the least.  She is trying very hard these days and I giving it my all to have a relationship with her, but still it's tough.  One of the things that stresses me out, is she has a ton of "stuff".  Empty shelf space and wall space, make her nervous.  She needs to fill them.  Then she likes to rearrange everything.  Nothing is ever in the same place it was the last time I saw it, which now as adult that just visits, is sort of annoying, but as a child it was pretty traumatic. Some days, I couldn't even find a spoon to feed myself some cereal. She loves garage sales and is constantly bringing hoards of things home from them. She has gotten much, much better over years, but when I was a kid, we could have been on that show Hoarders.

BUT, if you look closely, there are some cool things at their house.  Here are my favorites.

 

 

 

 

Pin It


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I understand the mom thing - it's hard.

    Glad you were every to see some light through those cracks :)

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the positive here is that you at least recognize that there is a legitimate reason she wasn't such a fabulous mom. Hopefully that's enough for you to reconcile it with yourself now that you're a mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, trying to see the light through the cracks!

    ReplyDelete