Friday, October 7, 2011

Pinterest Love: Purple Color Story

I have been in purple/lavender mood lately.  I don't know if I am because I have been seeing it out when I shop or I was drawn to it first.  Either way, purple is a color that looks good on me and I love purple as a Fall color.  You can see all my purple pins here.




I wanted to do a purple color story for our family portraits with Robin Adams Photography coming up soon.  I got this dress for Penelope:

If you are Facebook with me, you know that she has some ridiculously cute brown boots that are going to be perfect with this dress.


I am going to wear either a purple dress and brown boots, but that might be too matchy-matchy, or a purple sweater and jean skirt with brown boots.  What do you think?


I might even do my nails a purple color.  Or is that too much purple?

I have no idea what Peter will wear, maybe jeans and a brown shirt?  


I love photography, and love having our portraits done, but oh, the stress it puts on me, since I am recovering perfectionist.  I want to get everything perfect and to live up to the vision I have in my head, of how I want the images to feel and turn out.  This time we are going to take our pictures at Railroad Square, an urban/funky/artsy part of town that should make for a really great background.  Can't wait!


If you need any help picking out a color theme for your portraits, I found this on pinterest and it seems pretty helpful.




7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing those family photos!

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for purple! Oh, this is gonna be fun. . . .we'll find all sorts of color to make your colors pop. RR Square is THE place to make it happen - can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have a LOT of planning time on hand. I can't believe these things stress you out! You are supposed to enjoy them, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous...I don't have too much time on my hands, but I do really enjoying planning things down the detail! It is stressful, but I do enjoy it, maybe I even enjoy the stress of it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't stress about pictures, it'll show... they'll be perfect because you have a beautiful and happy family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a Clemson Tiger fan, I can't get enough purple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have the link for the family portrait color scheme image? We have photos this coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete